Property Professional indemnity insurance
Anyone in the property sector who provides professional advice or consultancy services needs the protection of professional indemnity insurance. Would you be able to handle the cost and disruption of defending a claim brought against you? It could potentially bring your business to its knees.
Our professional indemnity insurance protects sole traders, partnerships and limited companies in the residential and commercial property sectors.
What could go wrong?
However good the professional service you provide, there’s always the risk of providing negligent advice, making a mistake, or failing to perform your professional duty. You may also be sued by your client or customer for breach of contract or of confidentiality, defamation, breach of intellectual property rights (or copyright or trademark), employee dishonesty, the loss of or damage to documents, or a range of other issues.
Cover for legal costs & settlements
Our professional indemnity insurance includes cover for legal defence costs and related expenses, as well as your costs for settlement or compensation. These costs can be very severe, so it’s important to have adequate professional indemnity insurance. Therefore, please take care when selecting your indemnity limit.
Your professional indemnity cover includes:
- Civil liability wording for cover for any civil action
- Negligence, breach of contract & breach of professional duty
- Libel, slander & any other form of defamation
- Breach of intellectual property rights, copyright or trademark
- Breach of confidentiality
- Employee dishonesty
- Loss of, or damage to, documents
- Legal expenses
- Previous firms or partners
- Asbestos (up to £250,000)
- Cyber liability (up to £250,000)
- Pollution & contamination arising from a breach of professional duty in the conduct of business
Please ask us for assistance with the level of cover you may need for your business.
This is a summary of the policy features, full information and details of the policy terms and conditions are available upon request.