London, UK, 24 July 2017The Management of Product Recall & Contamination Claims: Part 1
This is the first of a series of three short podcasts in which we will discuss the management of product recall and contamination claims from a first party and third party perspective, how Brand Rehabilitation cover can help recovery from an incident and insurers reaction to some of the emerging developments in food retailer’s response to customer claims. In this first podcast we are concentrating on First Party aspect.
In this latest podcast Garry Moseley, Director of the Food and Drink Manufacturing Practice in insurance brokers Arthur J. Gallagher’s Major Risks Practice and Andrew Robinson, Head of Product Liability & Recall at global loss adjusters Cunningham Lindsey pool their years of experience to discuss the management of product recall and contamination claims from the first party perspective.
This podcast will cover the following areas:
- The difference between a product recall and a product withdrawal
- What aspects of a recall or withdrawal are recoverable under a product liability policy
- Whether it is advisable to purchase a product recall or product contamination product in addition to product liability insurance
- What events are need to have occurred to trigger the cover on product recall and product contamination policies
- How do those policies respond
- What information is needed to present a claim
There is also a written transcript, available here.
The content of this webinar is for general information purposes. For more specific advice bespoke to your business, please contact Arthur J. Gallagher directly.