Smart Repairers Insurance
The Gallagher Motor Trade Insurance Team delivers cover which encompasses a spectrum of automotive businesses including SMART Repairers. We are motor trade insurance specialists, and for over 50 years we have focused on arranging individual insurance cover which reflects the needs of your business.
We understand that each repairer has different needs. We’ve developed a package which offers cover designed specifically for the unique risks that SMART Repairers face, including those other insurers do not offer - such as customer vehicle cover with no upper indemnity limit per vehicle. We also work closely with several leading trade bodies including fixmycar.com and the Approved Workshop Repairers Scheme to stay on top of the latest developments within the industry.
We are confident that we can arrange the right cover for your SMART Repair business. We offer a no obligation assessment, assessing your risk exposures against your current programme to make sure the sums insured are adequate and that you do not require additional cover.
We offer cover designed especially for SMART Repair businesses, including (but not limited to):
- Work vehicle indemnity - including modifications made to make your vehicle suitable for SMART Repairs.
- Personal vehicle indemnity – protecting the vehicle you use for social and domestic travel with the option to add your partner.
- Stock cover - this includes paints and parts lost or stolen in transit as well as theft.
- Tool cover - including portable hand tools, small plant and any machinery used for the business as well as non-fixed tools, compressors, pop up tents and wheel refurb machines. This also includes replacement tool hire cover until the claim is settled.
- Customer vehicle insurance - allows you to drive your customer’s vehicle with no upper indemnity limit per vehicle.
- Public Liability insurance - protecting you if a customer injures themselves on your property.
- Windscreen cover - with no excess for any repairs.
- Courtesy Van cover - For non-fault accidents with a known third party, this will then be recovered as part of the uninsured loss claim against the third party.
- Total Loss claims - with the option to include hiring costs of a replacement commercial vehicle following loss or damage due to theft or total loss. This cover also extends to include the hire of tools.
- Key, locks and immobiliser cover - cover for the cost of lost or stolen keys and immobilisers as well as replacement locks.
- Work breakdown cover - Roadside assistance for your SMART Repairs vehicle(s).
- Personal breakdown cover - Roadside assistance for the vehicle you use for social and domestic travel.
- Towing insurance - cover if you need to tow a vehicle.
- Overseas cover - insurance for any vehicle(s) used outside the UK.
- Vehicle sales extension - this extension is available if you wish to buy or sell vehicles.
- Premises / Lock Up cover - all insurances also apply to work carried out on a site such as a garage or lock up.
- Legal Expenses - receive remuneration for any expenses occurring as the result of a legal claim.
- Customer contents cover - protecting the contents of your customer’s vehicle against loss, damage or theft.
- No restrictive paint spraying clauses