Cargo and Stock Throughput Insurance
To protect cargo and stock, insurance has to be flexible and specialised as it is subject to many different stages and risks.
Cargo and Stock Throughput Insurance can mean providing cover for raw materials, from the time goods leave a supplier’s premises, to work in progress, storage, or transit of finished goods for both local and overseas buyers.
At Gallagher, we offer a dedicated and focused client service and our team can advise and source comprehensive cover for manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, importers and exporters.
Our marine cargo portfolio covers the key trade and cargo sectors for Europe, the US, Canada, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Our team has gained extensive experience in working with or within the container leasing industry over many years, providing customised solutions for container owners, lessors, managers and operators.
Key benefits include:
- Damage Protection Policy (DPP)
- Physical loss and damage to containers and related equipment (including missing units)
- Storage and repair risks
- Insurance for container lessors’ customer default, including physical loss and damage, recovery, repatriation and loss of revenue coverages
- Credit insurance for loss of pre-default accounts receivable
- Political risks insurance covering confiscation, nationalisation, expropriation, deprivation and embargoes
- Global policies
- Trade disruption insurance
- Stand-alone stock (Primary / Excess / Layered)
- War on land and political violence
Areas of expertise include:
- Food & beverages
- Manufactured goods
- Electronics and Industrial equipment
- Oil and petroleum products
- Frozen and chilled goods
- Construction and project cargoes including Delayed Start Up (DSU)
- Containerised consumer products