- News & Insights/
- The Management of Product Recall & Contamination Claims: Part 2
The Management of Product Recall & Contamination Claims: Part 2
This is the second part of our three part series in which we will discuss the management of product recall and contamination claims, with this latest installment concentrating on the third party aspect.
In this latest podcast Garry Moseley, Director of the Food and Drink Manufacturing Practice in insurance brokers Arthur J. Gallagher’s Major Risks Practice and Andrew Robinson, Head of Product Liability & Recall at global loss adjusters Cunningham Lindsey pool their years of experience to discuss the management of product recall and contamination claims from the third party perspective.
This podcast will cover the following areas:
- The nature of the losses or costs that are regularly claimed by retailers or customers
- If it is essential that a contractual agreement is in place between the product supplier and their customer
- How loss adjusters go about validating the third party costs claimed against a product supplier
- Why loss adjusters need to be aware of the commercial relationships between the insured and the third party
Watch the full output below:
There is also a written transcript, available here.
To access part 1 of the podcast series, which focused on the first party aspect of product recall and contamination claims, please click here.
The Food and Drink Practice have also produced a wealth of information around the issues facing food manufacturers - click here to find our more.
The content of this podcastis for general information purposes. For more specific advice bespoke to your business, please contact Arthur J. Gallagher directly.